Thursday, December 3, 2015

Towards the end of 2015...

One of life's greatest pleasures is the ability to sit quietly without doing anything, without thinking about anything, and just reveling in deep breathing and silence, allowing everything inside and outside to come to stillness. 

Things in the material, physical, emotional, spiritual world may or may not be happening, not moving, yet being able to feel restful in the present every once in a while is what I have discovered to be a surprisingly peaceful place to be in.

For someone who is still getting over past spiritual bondage, I'm still learning this shit. But glad to have developed the patience to start trying. Grateful to my spiritual guide, big brother, best friend, and two very special friends for helping me on this path of discovering myself and finding a place for this misfit of a soul in this "normal" world. 

For most of the last seven months, you have been patiently standing by me in person and in thoughts and deeds... and I am not taking names here because you know who are. You have been the Universe's medium to protect me and I will always cherish you in my life, no matter how much distance sets us apart. You have filled my heart with so much love and my eyes with so many tears of joy; I hope to God that one fine day they make me what you all are to me today. Your groundedness, kindness, thoughtfulness, and generosity of heart are a constant reminder of the fact that no matter how bitter this world is, there is always a reason to look forward to tomorrow, and that life's purpose will eventually unfold itself!


No comments:

Post a Comment